now browsing by month
Welcome to your new PMO System! As a part of your implementation process, we are going to train you to become a super admin. Don’t worry, our iSite team will still be here to help with bugs and issues, but we are giving you the power to set up your users and help them troubleshoot. With this capability you will no longer have to wait on our time to make sure your folks have proper access, to make sure that your folks are seeing what they should be seeing, and to help your folks with the first line of support.
You are empowered!
And, to make it even better, we have given you this power while at the same time ensuring that you can experience exactly what your user is experiencing, assist them remotely, and not expose their password.
In short, iSite gives you the power to assume the identity of any of your users.
This functionality allows you to:
- Make sure that once a user is set up they are seeing exactly what they should be seeing (per their role and security group) and, conversely, not seeing what they should not be seeing. This takes all of the guesswork out of setting up users. You don’t have to grant them access with your eyes covered, you can grant access fully confident that you have not compromised your data integrity in any way.
- Quickly and easily troubleshoot any issues they are having without having to literally stand over their shoulder. By being able to experience their exact issue you can resolve any issue faster, identify a need for additional training, or escalate more quickly to the iSite support team.
- Ensure password integrity. Enough said.
It is also important to note that the power to assume identity is only available to users with the highest security role in their iSite instance; and before any conspiracy theories go viral every time a users’ identity is assumed it is automatically noted and tracked.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how iSite’s PMO System can help you provide excellent user experience while maintaining security.
CEB is out with a great article boasting the benefits of technology finally coming out of the proverbial IT closet and into the mainstream of different offices and functions. And, I think we can all agree, it is about time. Embracing technology and the data that it can produce is the first step in allowing folks to get back to their job functions: making decisions, working smarter, moving the target closer to the mark.
“For any manager – in public administration or private business – getting the most from technology is now as fundamental a management skill as managing a team.”
Of course, it is equally important to embrace the change as it is to make sure that you are picking the proper technological tool that will help you advance your organization. And this takes careful consideration. In an era where data (and data sharing) is expected it is easy to rush into a quick solution or solutions. How many different tools do you need to access each day in order to capture all of that great data? Has this really transformed your organization in a good way? Or has it simply shifted where you focus most of your efforts? Are you managing your technology or is it managing you?
We would suggest taking a systems approach when considering introducing new technology to your team. When considering new tools ask these questions:
- Is this technology reducing my amount of effort and increasing my productivity?
- Can this technology offer greater transparency?
- Does the output that this technology produces make it easier for our organization to make decisions?
- Will this technology help give us a competitive advantage?
- How can I use this technology to bring meaningful change to my entire organization?
To learn more about how iSite can help your PMOs function as an efficient and smart system email us at email@example.com